for ANDROID Devices
Welcome to the A Course in Miracles (ACIM) Alerts With Workbook App. This app is intended to assist those studying the Workbook section of the spiritual text A Course in Miracles.
It is with great joy that The Foundation for Inner Peace and CDE Solutions brings this app to you to assist you in the study of the Workbook lessons.
A Course in Miracles is spiritual text whose purpose is to assist readers in transforming themselves and their lives. It contains spiritual text and a workbook of lessons that are to be practiced daily for one year.
The app contains the full workbook text as well as shortened text (only the portions of text that are to be remembered for the day). The intent is for the student to refer to the full text when all instruction is required and to refer to the shortened text when needing to recite the affirmation in the middle of busy day. Please read the instructions prior to using the app
The app was designed to be very simple to use.
TO SET REMINDER TIMES AND SOUNDS
1) Click on ‘Settings’ (the gear in the upper right hand corner of the screen).
2) Select the start and end times. The start time is the time of day you would like to receive the first reminder alert. The end time is the time of day you would like to receive the last reminder alert. You will need to set these times before using the app for the first time or when you wish to change them.
3) Click the back button (either the Android back button or the app back button - top left of screen), which returns you to the app Home Screen. This is also how you exit the Help Tab.
TO CHANGE TYPE OF SOUND OR VIBRATE (for example - change to the bubble sound)
1) Click Settings on your Device
TO SELECT TODAY'S LESSON AND SET REMINDER INTERVALS
1) Click on ‘Lessons’ (the first tab on the left).
2) Select the lesson you are working on for the day.
3) After selecting the lesson, you will see the lesson title appear in the box at the bottom of the screen.
4) Select the interval of time you would like the reminder alerts to go off at. You will notice that some of the intervals are highlighted in red. These intervals are suggested by the Course that you use for the lesson you have selected.
5) Click on the ‘Set Alerts’ button. After clicking the button, you will see the words ‘Alerts are Set’ in red at the top of the screen.
6) The button will toggle to say ‘Cancel Alerts’. If you wish to cancel the alerts, click the ‘Cancel Alerts’ button.
IF YOU CHANGE START TIMES, YOU MUST CANCEL AND RESET THE ALERT FOR THE CHANGE TO TAKE EFFECT
REVIEWS AND INTRODUCTIONS DO NOT HAVE REMINDERS ASSOCIATED WITH THEM. THEREFORE, WHEN A REVIEW OR INTRODUCTION IS SELECTED, SEVERAL BUTTONS IN THE APP WILL BE DISABLED
TO VIEW FULL TEXT AND REMINDER TEXT
1) Click on ‘Text’ (the middle tab).
2) You will see two buttons. One button will say ‘Full Text’ and the other button will say ‘Reminder Text’. Click on the Full Text button.
3) You will now be on a screen that contains the Full Text of the lesson. On this screen, you will be able to page through the workbook.
However, be advised that if you page to a different lesson than the one you have selected, it will ‘not’ modify you selection. Also, when
you return to the full text, you will be on the lesson you have selected for the day and not a lesson you may have paged to.
4) Click the back button to return to the prior screen. Then click on ‘Reminder Text’.
5) You will now be on a screen that contains the reminder text, the text to be remembered during the day. You may edit this text to personalize it.
6) Click on the text and a soft keypad will popup. Clicking on the keypad arrow (bottom right) will cause the keypad to disappear.
7) Click on ‘Save’ to save your changes or ‘Reset’ to reset the text back to the original Course specified text.
8) When you are done editing the text, click the back button to return to the app home screens.
9) Click on the Reminders tab (tab on the right).
10) This screen will display all the times throughout the day that the reminder alerts are scheduled for. This is an information only screen and cannot be edited. For alerts that have already gone off, the row border will be red. For Future Alerts, the row border will be green.
TO VIEW NOTIFICATIONS
Notifications will go off at the scheduled times. As stated above, the sound of the notification will be the sound you have specified in your device’s Settings.
To View Notifications, drag down on the notification bar.
TO VIEW REMINDER ALERT
1) Click on the ACIM entry - you will immediately be bought to a screen containing the Reminder Text to be remembered for the day. Simply click the your device's Home button to exit this alert screen.
2) Please re-enter the app if you need to view the Full Text.
If you have any issues using this app or would like to suggest recommendations for improvement, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. We love to get feedback. Enjoy the app, and blessings to you.